Radio Check Podcast
Radio Check is a podcast about Rangers and Rangering by Rangers.
This page shows the the 10 most recent episodes, or visit the Radio Check home page for the full list of episodes.
- Episode 15!!!! What a long strange trip it has been. This is another episode one of a 2 parter. This discussion talks about the challenges and changes women in the Rangers went through after the release of the Women in Khaki calendar. Ranger HQ, Female Shift Leading, and rain storms are among the many things Women in Khaki have been dealing with since the beginning.Also, just because it looks good and makes sense, does not mean it is perfect. The emotional element still needs to be considered.
- OMG. Digger, un cut. So much info that rings.Zombies meets Dog boyKnock Knock Jokes Late night Common DispatchersGreen Dots, SanctuaryMAPSMotel MoronDOT splattersleeping on friend's couchesBlackswanESD Medical ProsJoe from ColoradoPoet and Patriotand 007's It is almost too much. Hope you enjoy.
- Keeper and Crow had a lovely chat with Digger who first went to the event in 1995 on a whim and attended his first Ranger Orientation Meeting in 1998.Having cut his teeth in making events work by participating with Survival Research Laboratory's event under the bridge at Harrison street in SF, and having John Law as a neighbor, he was on the path. Digger and Keeper discuss what early training was like on the Playa. Digger also explains how Burningman was transformative to his life. Next week, we'll identify and throw out "Ranger Socials" and explore the origins of Rangers getting together without […]
- Splinter and Crow have a lovely discussion with Fearless about Bacon, Earth Guardians, Hot Springs Patrol, Community Outreach, other groups that use the Playa, Fearless riding for RnR, The Greeters, and Investments.We hope you enjoy!The Radio Check Team
- In this episode Rangers Crow and Splinter get to spend an enjoyable afternoon with one of the longest standing, active, and hard working Rangers who still does shifts on Playa AND runs around the world helping people, Ranger Fearless.Fearless moved to Nevada to get away from a challenging lifestyle in SF and went hot springs hunting. Accidentally stumbling across the event in 1993, Fearless wanted to see the event continue and along the way, made 70,000 or so friends, helped a lot of those people out of the mud, travelled the earth in a 4×4 truck with a train whistle […]
- East Coast – VCheck 3 – Women in the Rangers – Old School, Long School, RnR, Drive By Shooting Range….Hello listeners!Today Keeper and East Coast continue our Women in the Rangers series with a long form discussion of getting involved, Drive By Shooting Ranges, and finding a group to roll with as well as lots of other stories in between.Here at The Department of Institutional Memory, there are a lot of changes a foot and we hope to keep bringing you original content about just how we got to this point in the Ranger world. You may notice a new site design, and there is more of that coming including your chance to participate in the DIM world, so […]
- Kathasaurus – VCheck 2 – Part 2 – Women in the Rangers – the early days and a love letter to the Women of KhakiPart 2 of a 2 part episode featuring Keeper interviewing Kathasaurus, an old school Ranger who was the guiding force behind the Women of Khaki and women's participation in the Rangers in general.This is a not safe for work episode as it's language is as spicy as Mexican Texan food. Kathasaurus does not mince words and the stories are as fun as the language.
- Kathasaurus – VCheck 2 – Part 1 – Women in the Rangers – the early days and a love letter to the Women of KhakiPart 1 of a 2 part episode features Keeper interviewing Kathasaurus, an old school Ranger who was the guiding force behind the Women of Khaki and women's participation in the Rangers in general.This is a not safe for work episode as it's language is as spicy as Mexican Texan food. Kathasaurus does not mince words and the stories are as fun as the language.
- J. November Holmes aka Angel, speaks about her time working with Vanessa Kuemmerle and others running security/Rangers at Burningman 1996. This first post "Sheep Ranch" episode allows us to interview more women and more people in leadership and in this case, we get both of those!!! Have a great weekend. Wash your hands. Next week? "Women in Khaki" It's gonna be a doozy. The 1996 Burningman Survival Guidehttps://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/web/n7jp22/BurningMan1996SurvivalGuide.pdf
- Part 2 of our series "How to get more involved with the Rangers" shows the opposite of what Rooster went through to get involved. Judas explains just exactly what the deal was going in.Crow explains very early burn safety and Judas takes us up to current practices.